<VV> Sucked Carb Screw

Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:07:21 -0700

Have   a friends "64"  lakewood here that sucked a throttle plate brass
screw today while driving.  Made a bad sound for a few then went away.
Pulled the carb and put new brass screws in peened over (the one that was
left had been out and not re-peened). Not my doing :-P
With the carb back on it sounds fine.
Anyway what do people think about this.   I have heard mention it will blow
out.  Or it will dance in there and do bad stuff.
What do you guys think?  Drive it or pull the head?
Thanks
Geoff Johnson
Wait I'm having one of those things.... a headache with pictures....
An Idea!
-Phillip J. Fry