<VV> Was-Chevy Comfort? - Now Corvair replacements

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:18:14 EST

In a message dated 1/21/2005 11:49:05 PM Central Standard Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

VEGA
CHEVETTE
SPECTRUM
SPRINT
METRO--and other GEO  models

That all have tried, AND ALL HAVE FAILED, as replacements for  the
CORVAIR........

OK, I've wondered this for a while. How do you figure that the Vega  replaced
the Corvair? Just because it started after the Corvair was finished?  Because
it was the smallest Chevy? What about the Camaro?

Why did they fail? They weren't as "good" as the Corvair? or they didn't
sell well enough? How many vehicles have to be sold to be considered a success?
How many units? Using this standard, wouldn't the Corvair be considered a
failure, how about the Camaro?

I don't consider any of them a replacement for the Corvair, none were rear
engined OR air cooled. None had the technological uniqueness, none had the
variation of platforms.

One GM line that comes close would be the Corsica/Berratta/Lumina Van of  the
'80s. This drive train line remained almost identical in a 4 door, 2 door
and mini van. Similar but not nearly as good as the original.

Ned