<VV> Re: Lost Carb Screws

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:55:36 EST

Having lost a few brass throttle or choke shaft screws over the past decade,
I have tried and settled on the use of a medium (blue) locktite type thread
locker as a satisfactory solution. While the heavier stuff (red or green)
will
work, it is sometimes too good, and you might find yourself drilling out the
screws next time (I know this for sure :-). About the only good replacement
brass screw available (6-32 x 5/16") is perfect for the choke shaft, but
about
a thread too short (can't be peened) for the throttle shafts. A 6-32 x 11/32"
is
a good fit for the throttle shaft, but they are usually not available in
brass.
FWIW, I have not been able to find a good replacement brass screw for the
Carter YH, and have changed to a beefier SS replacement (drill and re-tap).
The Carbmeister