<VV> Gas in Oil

Nick Gier Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:04:01 -0500

Hi everyone,
	I've ran into a problem with my daily driver '65 Monza, it has a 110
and a PG BTW. For the last couple of days my car has been leaving soot on
the driveway from the exhaust. Over the weekend, I was driving home from a
friend's house and I noticed the car was running a little rough. Upon
arriving at home, I started smelling smoke. I shut the engine off and looked
in the engine compartment. The dipstick had been leaking a lot of oil. I
noticed the oil was a lot thinner than it should have been and it smelled
like gas. I checked the oil level and it was way past full. So I drained the
oil and found that there was actually gas in the oil (a lot). I've had this
problem before on another engine with a blown power valve on a Holley. My
question to all of you is what would be causing all of this gas to get into
the oil. Could it be one of the carbs dumping a bunch of gas into the
engine? If so, what's the problem with the carb? Thanks in advance for any
help.
								Nick Gier
								65 Monza
110/PG