<VV> Gas in Oil

David V. Clamp 66corsa@cox.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:25:49 -0500

Snip-----------------------
I've ran into a problem with my daily driver '65 Monza, it has a 110 and a
PG BTW. For the last couple of days my car has been leaving soot on the
driveway from the exhaust. Over the weekend, I was driving home from a
friend's house and I noticed the car was running a little rough.....
.....So I drained the oil and found that there was actually gas in the oil
(a lot). I've had this problem before on another engine with a blown power
valve on a Holley. My question to all of you is what would be causing all of
this gas to get into the oil.
Unsnip---------------------

Nick,

Failed mechanical pump will dump gas in the oil. Also, if a float sunk in
one of the carbs (do you have stock carbs or the Holley?), it would allow
the needle valve to stay open, causing rough running (overly rich) and dump
so much gas through the intake it could get past the rings and fill your oil
pan. Finally, if the needle valve is loose, as in valve body not tight in
carb top, you could have the same condition.

David V Clamp
Member: Corsa
        Heart of Georgia Corvairs - Newsletter Editor, VP
        Nader's Raiders
	  1966 Corsa convertible 140 +0.030/4spd 3.55 posi w/ AC
	  mailto:66corsa@cox.net