<VV> Question? What tires to use

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:11:38 -0500

The tires aren't original. Originals would read 6.50 x 13. Modern radials
are popular for Corvairs in 175/80R13 and 185/80R13. If you hunt, you may
have your choice of blackwalls or white (a Monza would have had white unless
ordered otherwise). Available in a number of brands and places. Most other
sizes are much harder to find.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Landstrom, Mark R.
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:38 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Question? What tires to use

What tires do you suggest for a 62 Monza convertible? I would like
something authentic looking and am wondering if there is a size, make,
etc. that will so. (Believe it or not, my current tires may be original.
They read Goodyear B 78 13 and have inner tubes. The car has been
garaged for the last 26 years.) Thanks.

[I understand that this question will be posted. Please do not respond
to this email.]