<VV> Greenbrier name

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:19:03 -0500

Was the Greenbrier name ever used on any other Chevy or GM product?

The reason I ask is, a guy I work with grew up in FL and he was friends with
another kid whose parents owned a funeral home.  He was saying that rather
than spend the ten cents they were given for the bus ride home, they would
walk to the funeral home and get a ride to their houses in one of the
funeral homes cars.  He said they always liked it when they got to ride in
the Greenbrier, which the funeral home used to pickup bodies.  When I told
him that a Greenbrier was a Corvair, he said that made sense, since the boys
father owned a couple of Corvair cars, and how much he liked them.

This made me wonder how they used it to pickup bodies, with the raised
engine compartment in the back and then I thought that maybe there was
another Greenbrier made at some point either before or after the Corvair
Greenbrier.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member