<VV> Re: Steering Sector Lube

Dale Dewald dkdewald@pasty.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:59:18 -0500

Hello Joe (and others),

The only modern synthetic product that I am aware of that matches the
original GM steering box lubricant is AMSOIL Semi-Fluid 00 Synthetic EP
Grease.  It is described as a semi-fluid grease formulated primarily for
gearboxes in agricultural equipment.  The list of applications does include
steering gear boxes.  For more info go to the link;
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gsf.aspx

The rub is that the smallest container sold is a 35 lb pail (about 5
gallons) for about $300 including shipping.  I could call them to see if a
smaller quantity could be ordered.  What is the capacity of the steering
box--12 oz?  The pail should do about 50 boxes.  If I had 30 orders for a
12 oz bottle of this lubricant at $9/bottle I suppose I would be willing to
order a pail and repackage it.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI
 >>> currently 22F [heat wave!!] -- 39" snow on the ground -- 165" to date
this season <<<