<VV> Forged racing/ turbo pistons are available

Robert Coffin dryenko@mindspring.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:39:51 -0700

For those of you who are not on the Yahoo Fastvair Group list , I am having
sets of race quality Corvair forged pistons manufactured to meet the
requirements of High Performance, Road Racing and Turbo engines.
Besides being a forged piston  with drilled oil return holes in the oil ring
groove , a common failure point of the TRW pistons, these pistons are
available with :

Popup domes for up to 13:1 Compression ratio
Full float tool steel tapered bore  pins and locks for the pins.Pins can
also be pressed in  the rod if desired.Pins are on center for
interchangeability from side to side.
Valve pockets for high lift cams with lift up to .565"
The popup pistons are +.040 overbore to meet SCCA specifications

  These pistons are also available in a flat top + .030  overbore
configuration, with or without valve pockets, for Vintage Racing , Drag or
Turbo application.The Turbo pistons will have thicker domes for the use in
turbo engines with up to 15 PSI of  boost.
Compression height configuration for the early 145 cu-in engine is
available.
Some notes :
They are being made in sets of 7 so a spare piston will be provided.
They use the standard late model Corvair 1/16"-1/16"-1 /18 " ring package.
Ceramic coating of the tops and anti-friction coating of the skirts is
available thru me , or from my coating source , for those who might wish to
deal directly.
Email me offline @ dryenko@mindspring.com if interested in these superior
pistons.
Piston order for 12 sets has been placed for delivery in 4-6 weeks. I can
add to the order if notified within the next week or so. 50% Deposits are
required.
Thanks for the "airtime"
Bob Coffin