<VV> New Thread...Oil in the gas.

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:56:20 -0500

Many years ago when I was a young man, (18 Years old) a friend and I bought a
88 Rocket Oldsmobile that had a brushed on pink paint job, and other than
smoking like crazy ran great. (Cost us $ 50.00).  Man we bought it from said
it burned a whole lot of oil.  Back then they used a dual diaphragm gas pump
and vacuum pump (to operate the windshield wipers).  The diaphragm was
ruptured and was sucking oil out of the engine and feeding it right into the
carburetor.  Junkyard replacement was 50 cents, and it never smoked any more.
We drove the heck out of it (did not even burn oil) for years and sold it for
a profit.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.