<VV> Re: taking a survey

Dennis Nichols dixiehwy25@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:43:01 -0800 (PST)

Just wondering, if the wiring diagrams are going to be redone, why not replicate, as bet it can be done, the color of each wire in the diagram? It might make them even easier to use (and more saleable) if you could. Something to think about.

Thomas Stingl <tsc01@corvair.de> wrote:Bob Helt wrote:

> the 1962-69 diagrams combine all the wiring into one big diagram
> The 1960-61 diagrams show all the wiring associated with just one
> circuit

Both diagram types have their merits, the later style helps a lot
understanding the general wiring and sorting out the harness mess on
mistreated cars. Having said this, it sure would be very useful
to complement the later versions with earlier style diagrams to
troubleshoot or understand single circuits. As Joe Potts pointed
out some time ago, if they would be coloured like modern ones,
even better ...
Now if I at last get it in my brains that smaller numbers mean
thicker wires (the gauge issue ... ;-)

Let me know when you are finished with this project,
Thomas

"Every time a man gets in his car it should be a vacation"- Harley Earl

Dennis Nichols    CORSA, CKC

1961 Lakewood 700 98/3

Interested in wagons? lakewood700@yahoo.com