<VV> Support your supplier

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:06:37 -0500

I'll post my annual pro-vendor comments.

I play with a WIDE variety of cars, some rare and obscure, but some made in much larger quantities
than Corvairs... and I have not yet found a marque that has more complete vendor support than
Corvairs. And not only are the parts available, they are generally available at a very low price as
compared to even the other high production cars I've dealt with.

In my opinion, this is one of the main reasons the Corvair hobby is as healthy as it is. Though I love
Corvairs due to their technical uniqueness and European-like driving characteristics, for many people a
Corvair is the cheapest way to get into the collector car hobby. Further, the awesome vendor support
makes it possible to still use a Corvair as a daily driver... further enhancing the economy of having a
collector car as a primary or secondary car as opposed to a weekend toy.  I can have virtually any part I
need on my doorstep in 24 hours. Very few types of collector cars can even dream of that level of
support, much less at the inexpensive prices our parts generally cost.

And not only that, the Corvair community, despite our differences (early vs late, purists vs performance,
etc) is still very much an open, welcoming community. I have heard other marque groups comment on
this AND have seen people gravitate to Corvair from other marques because of the sense of community
and support.

The vendors are HUGE part of this. If we don't support our vendors, they will fail. If they fail, in my
opinion so will our marque.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.