<VV> 64 convertible

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:09:43 -0800

At 12:50 hours 01/28/2005 -0500, Frank Leonardo wrote:
>I received some great feedback from Doc, Harry and JR.
>Thanks you guys!
>I am going to see the car this afternoon. I have been looking over the
>pictures that the owner sent me.
>I do not see the vibration canisters (I think that is what they are
>called). Should they be in the trunk and engine compartment?
>Should these be replaced and how hard is it to find these?

If it's a '64 ragtop it won't use the dampers.   GM used these dampers in
their Z and F body cars starting in '65 (for the Vairs) and '66 for the
Camaro and later Firebirds.

Some larger ragtops used these dampers as well.

Uh...   the early Vair convertibles didn't need the dampers because they
had a rigid body.

tony..