<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1686 - 12 msgs

mike hicks mhicks130@cox.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:17:20 -0500

From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net>

To: <Sethracer@aol.com>, <tonyu@roava.net>, <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> corsa dash into monza?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:46:31 -0600

Might as well get the glove box door and a rattle can of silver paint for
the rear cove while you are at it.

Later, JR

OK, while we're on the subject...  What (if any) is the general consensus in "the community" about modifying a non-Corsa to look like a Corsa??  I definitely want to paint the cove silver and I love the dash (but the thermistor situation is quite shocking!).  I don't think I would add Corsa emblems and etc. but you never know...

I feel some kind of obligation not to mess with a historical vehicle too much but I'm also not interested in getting a Corvair to have it as a museum piece - I want to drive it.  "Customizing" your car was certainly a common thing to do with your car when the Corvair was young but somehow it seems that the survivors shouldn't be messed with too much.  Still, I love the silver cove (and the dash) but I don't want to be too picky about getting an actual Corsa.  Oh yeah, I also like the Yenko stripes but there's no way I'm going to get an actual Stinger to have them on a car.

Mike