<VV> Re: Factory Glass important or not?

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:50:51 -0500

Unless you are competing in the Factory Stock class in Corsa, you would be
much better off with a new windshield where you will have no point
deduction. If the old windshield actually comes out in one piece you can
stick it in the attic for a future sale..........
Factory restored, and modified class will consider the condition and
appearance of the glass and not whether or not it is in good shape or not.
Of course if you are going for AACA certification you are looking at a whole
different ball game as they will expect not only the proper glass but proper
date coding as well.
If that is your goal, pay the difference and seek out proper date coded
glass, there may be some out there yet. In fact I have heard there are some
companies which will inscribe the proper date coding on glass.

I have been involved in Concours judging where the windshield has been the
cause of more point deductions than anything else.
If I was purchasing a car, I would rather buy one with good glass than one
with original bad glass...............

Gary Swiatowy