<VV> quick engine question

Ken Campbell deltainc@grm.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:29:41 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Ken Campbell" <deltainc@grm.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: <VV> quick engine question

> Ken,  I think he was talking about the engine only.  Not a car.
*********
oops.. yep, I noticed that about the time I sent the reply.  Oh, well, the
engine part still applies ...   $3000 for a corvair doctor to rebuild a good
stocker engine .... $1500 in parts/machine time and $1500 in labor .... so
you can deduct any good parts that you find in your "good running" engine,
and deduct whatever run time you get from the engine while it's running
reliably on the road.  S0 $400-$600 for the engine only would be in the ball
park if you KNEW the engine is going to get you 30000 more miles before
rebuilding is necessary.
...And ... about $200-250 for an engine that turns over but is soft in
compression.

regards, ken campbell, iowuh guy