<VV> Wire Me

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:06:02 -0800

Hi Tom,

The following would be my suggestion.  Get some LPS #1 or WD-40 and spray
the connector down, wiggle it a little, let it sit over night and then try
again to unplug it the next day.  My preference would be LPS #1 but WD-40
would work just fine.  I don't have a late model so I'm not sure how the
connector is but on an early the plug goes through a grommet as it passes
into the trunk area.  Pop the grommet loose and the hole is big enough to
pass the connector through.  There is usually enough slack to pull the
harness through so you can grab both sides of the connector at the same time
without having someone on both sides.  Try rocking it back and forth while
alternately pulling and you should be able to get it apart.  The overnight
soak with the spray should work wonders!!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw