<VV> Factory Caveman Photos

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Jul 2 13:18:24 EDT 2005

VVers:

For anyone doing a 1960-63 Concours restoration, there are a series of
detailed EM photos on eBay right now.  These are photos taken by GM and
the clarity and amount of detail is interesting.  Even if you're not
detailing a car, it's worth taking a look to see how things looked at
the factory.

For example, take a look at this photo of a 1960 heater installation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1316&item=7166808563

All the photos are being offered by one seller and can be seen at:

http://search.ebay.com/corvair_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQsellerZ1QQsassZautolit.comQQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

(If that link gets cut up, the seller's name is "autolit.com".)

I know that the VV custom is to avoid discussing current items on eBay,
but I'm making an exception for a few reasons.  First, once these
auctions are over, it will be difficult to find the pictures all in one
place again.  Second, these aren't auctions for rare cars; they are for
a few infinitely reproducible photos that this guy lists quite frequently.

Enjoy.

Steven J. Serenska
http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage