<VV> Harmonic Balancer source

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Jul 2 15:02:37 EDT 2005

John:

> Looks like my harmonic balancer is nearing its final days.....

I agree with the others...just buy a rebuilt from one of the vendors or
directly from Dale Mfg.

I once called "Dale" Langsather and asked him whether he was better off
if people purchased his rebuilt parts directly from him or through the
vendors.  His answer was "I do ok either way, so whichever works easier
for you."  With that in mind, I have ordered the handful of harmonic
balancers I've needed from the vendors, since I figure both Dale and the
vendors each get some of the money.

If you haven't seen it, there's a pretty cool slide show on Dale's
website concerning the HB rebuilding process:

    http://www.dalemfg.com/corvairhb_001.htm

The show moves a little slow, but the text and pictures are both excellent.

HTH.

Steven J. Serenska