<VV> Carb Return Spring

JEBuie jebuie at webtv.net
Sun Jul 3 05:26:56 EDT 2005

Guys,I have what to you folks my be a dumb question......The accelerator
linkage on my recently acquired '61 Rampy 80hp/3spd is all fouled
up,lots of slop...it sticks(makes driving interesting,don't you
know).....and it was missing the "Carb Return Spring" or is it "throttle
return spring" ..My question is....where does this spring attach?...I
see it attaches at one end to a spot under the air cleaner,but where
does it attach at the carb,to the crossshaft?..How?...Where?...maybe I
can't see the forest for the tress,but the shop and assembly manuals
just don't give me a great idea where this thing goes...Could one of you
kind folks please clue me in or maybe send me a picture of where this
spring goes...I know its probably so simple I just don't see it,but this
is the first running Corvair engine I have dealt with.TIA

Jon Buie
Goldsboro NC
CORSA/NC
'65 Monza Vert 110/PG Group Red