<VV> Re: old balancers etc?

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 12:10:18 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <N2VZD at aol.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:18 PM
Subject: <VV> Re: old balancers etc?

> is there any use for old balancers? i have a bucket of them , some may be
> ok
> but i dont trust used ones.  should i toss them or is it worth the cost of
> shipping them to a vendor? i anm in central ny. they can be had for
> whatever it
> costs me. i must get rid of this stuff and hate tossing it.  also have a
> fair
> amount of engine sheetmetal going to waste. blower bearings also. what to
> do
> with them??? lots more will surface soon. what a mess!!
> regards, tim colson
I know Dale (and the vendors who sell Dale balancers) charge a core charge.
Don't remember how much.  My cobbled-together, mostly 110 64 didn't have a
balancer, so I was out the core charge UNTIL I went to a convention and
bought a used one.  The $5 I think I paid for it was a good deal compared to
the core charge.  Been so long I don't remember, I think around $30.
Mike Ioanes