<VV> Iowa report 4

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 15:15:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/3/05 1:34:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, AeroNed at aol.com
writes:

<< car for a fun run. Of course I accepted. Michael took the engine out of
his
 yellow racecar and put it in his Stinger to try to beat his Dad in the Roe
car.
  The engine is a 10.5 to 1 with lots of internal mods and a 4 barrel sitting
 on a  6 runner intake. At one point, Michael did have FTD, but Warren just
 couldn't  let that stand. Anyhow, I >>

Michael is internet deprived right now, so I'll fill in for him.
    His engine is 13/1 comp. and 3 9/16 bore. ( 312/320 cam) In his correct
words " a Gernade with the pin half pulled".
  My engine is .030 over with  an Isky 280 cam and 7 to 1 comp. with 10 psi
max boost. Mine becomes a "gernade half pulled" at 15 psi. I suspect that the
horsepower is the same, just differently accomplished. We are geared and tired
the same.
   Michael is the bravest driver that I have ever encountered.
He got ahead of me by taking both the 1/2 mile oval and the 1/4 mile oval
(sharing the same main straight) at Hawkeye Downs in 4th gear and at the high,
more banked, line.
  I then went back to my truck and comtemplated (sulked) about just what I
had to do. I had just that same morning commented that Michael was sure to beat
me soon---too darn soon!
   I had to take an even higher line and never lift ( remember--turbo engine)
; just adjusting by brakes. I actually kicked up dirt and grass on the
outside of the 1/4 mile oval. I was scared shi---less.
   Michael is good for me.

Warren