<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 27

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jul 4 09:18:58 EDT 2005

>Please note the 150 deg C viscosity spec below taken from the SAE J300 spec.

OK, can see the reference at
http://www.lubrizol.com/ReadyReference/EngineOils/6-OilClasses/lzphysicals.asp#Dec99
.
As I mentioned in the original post, my books are old (75th anniversary)
and the J300d did not have the 150C column then. Evidently the Dec 1999
revision does. Note that like the -18C test (ASTM-D- 5293) this is not the
same test performed at different temperatures but an entirely different
test. (ASTM D 445 @100C vs ASTM D 4683 (and others) @150C

Can see I am going to need to do some studying to understand the numbers
and tests.

BTW I have not used Amzoil since I stopped racing but they certainly get
more hits on standards based testing than other oils.

Padgett