<VV> Mice in the Garage

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Jul 4 10:36:25 EDT 2005

Having moved "out to the country," we now have pests in greater number than
what we saw in the more urban environment.  Specifically, mice are evident
in the old stone barn that is now home to three Corvairs.

The first step to mouse abatement is eliminating their entry.  Okay, that's
easy, I'm fairly adept at finding tiny openings and sealing them.

The second step is traps and/or bait.  Check, I've got them and have
already begun to observe dead mice.  But I'd like to add the VV-approved
home recipe, which if I recall included Portland cement (appropriate this
year) -- anyone have it handy?

The third step is deterrance:  Here, I need some help.  In my former
garage, keeping the cars stocked with scented "Bounce" dryer sheets was
sufficient.  I think in my new place I need to increase the arsenal.  What
might you suggest?  Specifically, what has worked?   And I'm curious about
these little electronic repellers that are sold in the home centers, are
they effective or are they snake oil?

--Bob
Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net