<VV> windshield trim clip studs

corvair at mb.sympatico.ca corvair at mb.sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 4 14:40:16 EDT 2005

John,

The exact number of clips isn't critical. You need to make sure that you have a couple clips close to the ends of the lower and upper trip strips ("Windshield reveal mouldings"). Maybe within about 2-3" of the ends.

If you have the proper size clips then they mount flush to the bottom of the frame. The top of the clip shouldn't extend past the top edge of the frame or the mouldings won't fit flush (note: a few years ago Clark's was selling clips that were too tall at about .7" long. They swapped mine out for newer ones approx .65" tall. Check yours.)

I used the replacement clips that screw into place.

A good glass guy will be able to both supply the clips and install them in the right spots.

Les
========
Message: 1