<VV> RE: moving towards the dark side---> Ford

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jul 4 15:32:26 EDT 2005

>If you plan to drive it, get some slippers. I drove a Europa once and had to
>take off my shoes so that I wasn't pushing the accelerator and brake at the
>same time!

>It's pretty tight in there. They say that Colin Chapman was a small man.

Chapman was like 5'6" and built his cars to fit himself! My tall college buddy (6'4" and all legs) always lusted after a Lotus, but like Seth could never fit. We
wedged him into my Midget once and had  to take the seat loose to get him back out....I told him it's was God's way of evening things out... he got all the
girls in high school and I could fit in about anything!

At only 5'9" even I'm cramped in an S2 Europa and with only size 9 feet had to be careful what shoes I wore due to the pedal set-up. This situation was
considerably improved in the TC Europas.

I fit pretty nicely in an Elise and can't wait until the values plummet. (Read the Elise boards... folks are buying them as fashion accessories like they did the
VW and BMW MINI, but are finding they aren't quite as practical or put together as well as either of those cars. I predict that folks on 24 month leases will
be dumping them the first second they can and that values will be in the mid-20's in about 18 months.... at least that's my plan for one!)

Bill Elliott