<VV> RE: moving towards the dark side---> Ford

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 17:12:09 EDT 2005

> >If you plan to drive it, get some slippers. I drove a Europa once and had
> >take off my shoes so that I wasn't pushing the accelerator and brake at
>the
> >same time!
>
> >It's pretty tight in there. They say that Colin Chapman was a small man.
>

>Chapman was like 5'6" and built his cars to fit himself! My tall college
>buddy (6'4" and all legs) always lusted after a Lotus, but like Seth could
>never fit. We
>wedged him into my Midget once and had  to take the seat loose to get him
>back out....I told him it's was God's way of evening things out... he got
>all the
>girls in high school and I could fit in about anything!
>
>At only 5'9" even I'm cramped in an S2 Europa and with only size 9 feet had
>to be careful what shoes I wore due to the pedal set-up. This situation was
>considerably improved in the TC Europas.

My buddy's Europa was a Renault-powered one, so maybe Mark's has more room
for feet.

I'm 5'-6" and have small feet and even I felt claustrophobic in it. My buddy
is 6'-2" and bought the Europa before sitting in it. Not the best idea. Had
to sell it. The new owner had special slippers to wear when driving it.

I heard that the first ones didn't even have opening windows.

John Herrera