<VV> '65 Monza to Corsa/Turbo

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 15:36:29 EDT 2005

 I belive that is a LeVeque Engine - no matter what
the block code is, it's most likely a very fine
engine.
 BTW - RH's are the most popular block code for race
engines, as they have had much less stressfull lives
than the Std trans blocks. The cam "bearing" surfaces
and main journal closest to the bellhousing are
subject to less wear in their previous life.

 Mike
 YS-117

--- "N. Joseph Potts" <pottsf at msn.com> wrote:

> It is difficult to install a condenser anywhere else
> on the Corvair, but it
> HAS been done. Body modification along with
> modification of the refrigerant
> circuit along with a new condenser (the original
> won't fit).
>      Another point of concern. Is the engine a
> turbocharger engine, or was a
> turbocharger added to a normally aspirated engine?
> It is my understanding
> (never tried it) that adding a turbocharger to a
> previously non-turbocharged
> Corvair engine will soon break the Corvair engine.
> Others on this list have
> experience, and one of these may respond.
> Engine-block codes will help you
> learn WHAT ENGINE (you can SEE the turbocharger) is
> in there.
>
> Joe Potts
> Miami, Florida USA
> 1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6167&item=4559468932&rd=1