<VV> Fuel Pump Update

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed Jul 6 21:03:21 EDT 2005

Because relocating the pump is such a pain I decided to do a simple flow
test.

I got .25 litre in 20 seconds which by my calculations and those provided by
others is about 3 times what I need - especially in consideration that the
first time that the car died it was only going about 10 mph. The engine had
only just started so heat wasn't an issue.

So, unless something changes when the car is running (obviously I can't
check that) locating the pump at the rear does not seem to be my problem.
Granted it was only one test (is this "anecdotal" or "scientific"?) but it
does seem to put to rest the pump location issue.

BTW, this was at the inlet of the turbo fuel filter so my next check is at
the outlet.

So, temporarily ruling out an ignition problem, then it's either the fuel
filter or the carb.

Now I wonder if I can get the gas smell out of my wife's Pyrex measuring
glass....

Bob