<VV> leg update... little Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 10:32:35 EDT 2005

Hey guys and gals,
Well, it happened... I got the cast off yesterday... I now have a brace, but
I still cannot put weight on it. The used my old workboot, removed the heel
and attached some rods to go up the side, and replaced the heel. They cut the
sides and the back of the boot, since I have no movement in the foot/ankle area,
so that is stuck at the 90 degree spot. They also added a "rocker" to the
bottom, but I don't think it's big enough... I can finally shower without the use
of a plastic bag taped to my leg! The leg is still a bit scaley and such, but
it will take several washings to get it back to normal. I've been in a cast
THIS TIME since February 15th... and it's so nice to be out of it. I will be
seeing the Dr again on the 18th, and maybe he'll give me an idea when I can go
back to work.... if they'll take me back. I got my COBRA paperwork 2 weeks ago,
so now I have the honor of paying the full price on my insurance instead of
what I was paying when I was working... a difference of $200/month... and thats
just for ME!
The dogs are a little saddened that I didn't bring my cast home for them to
roll on, but I'm sure they'll get over it and find a suitable possum or coon on
the side of the road.
The brace comes just in time for my 20 year High School reunion... I told
some of them I won't be dancing... and still being on crutches I'll have to watch
out for those who might partake of the adult beverages to excess...
;-)
I haven't driven the 64 sedan with the brace on yet, but it might pose a
problem. It will only let me bend my knee to a 90 degree angle, and that may be a
bit difficult to get in and out of that car... we will see.
Well, I owe some of you guys some pictures... when Cheryl gets home I'll see
if she can dig up our little camera and snap a few.
Y'all take care, and I'll keep you posted.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)