<VV> 1964 monza vapor lock???

Charlie Holthausen bdautomotive at qwest.net
Wed Jul 6 22:03:45 EDT 2005

Greetings virtual corvair guru's.  I am having a problem with my 1964 coupe. (twin carb, power glide, no frills.)  After a long hot run, and a 5 minute hot soak, (shut down), the car will start up and run fine for about 1/4 mile and than act like it's running out of gas.  nothing will get it back on the road except a complete cool down (hours) and then after a long crank, (filling the carbs ???) it runs fine.

I have tried all the basics, new fuel pump, wrap the fuel lines, reset and raised float levels, blown back into the tank to clear the "sock" filter in tank, even checked the fuel pump push rod and spring. all seem ok... This is not a complicated fuel system, any ideas on what I can be missing???  Thanks in advance for any help from you guys.  -charlie holthausen, steamboat, colorado.