<VV> 1964 monza vapor lock???

Scott M Neal smn at eggs.com
Thu Jul 7 14:05:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/7/05 8:58:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
bdautomotive at qwest.net writes:

> After a long hot run, and a 5 minute hot soak, (shut down), the car
> will
> start up and run fine for about 1/4 mile and than act like it's
> running out of
> gas.  nothing will get it back on the road except a complete cool down
> (hours) and then after a long crank, (filling the carbs ???) it runs
> fine.

	The best fix for my 1966 turbo was so simple: A vented gas cap
(the original cap was long ago replaced with a non-vented locking
cap).  Hasn't vapor locked since, and still running a stock fuel
delivery setup (mechanical pump, etc.).

	Nothing like vapor locking a few years ago at the Canadian
border, and having to PUSH my car through the gate...

			See you in Portland!

				Scott