<VV> brakes break

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 7 18:37:02 EDT 2005

You'll be fine if you install mechanical linkages and drag your feet thru
the rusted floorboards.  Leave plenty of stopping distance and you might
want to install emergency brakes on the front wheels too-When you do so, use
the foot-operated kind so you can get 121 lb of pressure with each foot;
give you 2 x 121 divided by four wheels. You'll be fine with 60.5 lbs of
pressure on your mechanical linkages added to pulling on the hand
brake-should have no prob stopping your 2600 lb car, in say... a half mile?

:>)

Chuck S
BBRT