<VV> New Ertl Scale Model Kit examined

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 10:07:58 EDT 2005

I thought I would pass along my findings on the new 1969 Corvair kit that was put on the market this year by Ertl. It is essentially a cheaper re-issue of their old Prestige kit with fewer parts and less detail. They used the same instruction sheet (minus a page for the extra parts that were in the original kit), decals, and no side marker lights. The tires are a bit too small, and they reduced the size of the "performance" tires. To make matters worse, the kit is done in gray, making it so just about everything will require several coats of paint or a primer. They did see fit, however, to improve the packing inside so that the roof does not get squished in the smaller box.  And, everything is in 11 different languages :-). FWIW.
The Carbmeister
grant young
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net