<VV> New 140 heads

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Jul 8 17:17:53 EDT 2005

I am currently refurbishing a pair of heads apparently identical to the pair
advertised on eBay.
     Just like that pair, ONE of my pair has got those goofy welds. After
puzzling over them for some hours, I've concluded that they are NOT repairs,
but something else part of initial fabrication. Almost a manufacturing
afterthought, it would appear. The head with these welds appears to be
perfectly serviceable, and apparently has been for some time in the past
(although I have no direct observations or reports of observations of this).
     900 smackolas for heads with no valves, springs, exhaust-manifold
studs, carburetor studs, thermostats, thermister/heat switch, or
balance-tube nipples. Well, a zero-heat-cycles assembly should be of more
value, I suppose. Wonder what the lucky buyer is going to do with them.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C