<VV> was synthetic oil, now silicone brake fluid

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sat Jul 9 14:59:24 EDT 2005

If you mean to transit BACK to glycol-type fluid from silicone, you may be
in for some trouble (possibly more than when making the first transition). I
would hesitate, for example, to rely on mere alcohol to remove the silicone,
which I believe CAN interfere with the operation of the system with glycol
even in VERY small amounts.
     There IS such thing as silicone solvent, but it is hard to get/find AND
expensive. And of course, you'd have to replace all rubber in the system,
which it may be time to do anyway. I believe this transition CAN be done,
but I don't think I've ever heard of it being done. Done right, I would
expect the process to be pretty exacting, at least as to materials used.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C and DOT 5