<VV> Corvair Fan

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 00:44:20 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/9/05 8:00:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kentsu at corvairkid.com writes:

> we would like to make the production fans out of something
> much lighter than aluminum; perhaps a modern plastic. (But it needs to be
> one that doesn't react with battery acid fumes. We all know the story of the
> prototype Delrin fan creating formaldehyde gas!) There will be a
> price/performance decision to make.

Well, we don't want a repeat of that fiasco, but remember that the problem
came about (according to Bob Benzinger) because of a GENERATOR charging at the
high limit. This was late 1961. Hopefully alternators would not cause the same
problem.

Regards,
Bob Helt