<VV> '65 Corsa conv. on e-bay and more

Les corvair at mts.net
Sun Jul 10 11:15:29 EDT 2005

Here's my effort at decoding this one:

According to the trim tag, it is a '65 Corsa cvt (not a Monza or 500). RD on the block means it's a '65-68 manual 110hp block (never avail in a Corsa), so obviously it was swapped in at some point. There is an exhaust cutout in the lower right of the rear panel which only a turbo car would have had, plus it has the emblem,  plus the body tag agrees, so it was originally a turbo.

It has a padded dash (3C) and Comfort&Convenience group (4P) and Turbo engine (4O). (Courtesy of Kent Sullivan's May 2005 Communique article).

Apparently they spent $1000 on the seats but the install is pretty messy. The door panels need replacing as well. Plus the master cylinder looks like it's leaked and peeled paint all over the trunk. I notice there's no pictures with the trunk mat removed; could be all rusted out down there. The front doors are missing the upper & lower rubber bumpers and possibly the brass wedge at the top. They didn't bother to remove the door latch strikers when they repainted so watch for other overspray.

Looks like it still has the coffee can vibration dampers, at least both fronts and one rear from the angles in the photos.

Les

Message: 2