<VV> Corvair Fan

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 15:21:57 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/10/2005 11:38:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
crawfordrose at msn.com writes:

> The fan is perfectly capable for the 80 hp engine for which it was designed
> and is stated to be overdesigned for that task by 20 per cent; that engine
> is not known to overheat at wide open throttle.

Rosie!  that's a different fan all together.....then came the HD
fan.....more air but will throw belts at any downshift...

Finally the Mag fan in 64.........that's the one we're discussing...and it
will trow belts above 7000 rpm.....so weight  is a factor!

My question;   non race  use.......

Why doesn't someone use the HD fan [ 2100cfm??]  with 2 Belts! [ AC / A.I.R.]
 pulley on the crank...to super cool those who
tow...Rampsides...Ultravans...???

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V