<VV> trekking

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Jul 10 21:25:43 EDT 2005

>Contrary to the opinions of some, there are some failures you just can't fix
>on the side of the road.

Was thinking more like the Fiero people and few m/c clubs I have been in.
If a really long trip is planned (or even not that long but liable to be
very stressful to the cars like some mountain runs I can think of), it is
not unusual to have a chase van carrying large spares (even to an engine
and transaxle which would be easy for Corvairs since one size fits all) and
a trailer/dolly/towbar for serious problems.

Not unusual for some of the wives to prefer the captain's chairs and a/c on
a long trip (know I do, that is why we have the TranSport, is our trip
car). When I went to SC planning to bring back a LM CT, I took our 3800
TranSport and averaged 24 mpg on 87 at left lane speeds in cruise with the
air on & with all expected equipment in the back.

Just saying if I were planning a trip to Oregon from Florida, a convoy with
a chase vehicle, meeting people at various points and travelling together
makes a lot of sense. (Also requires planning so maybe next year).

Padgett