<VV> Hurricane Dennis

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 08:59:52 EDT 2005

For those not affected and don't follow the weather channel, it seems that Dennis has moved on inland, and although it was a very bad storm, it was not as disastrous as Ivan that hit there approximately 10 months ago.  Dennis lost some of it's punch before landfall, and moved on through at a fair pace. Destruction in the panhandle area of Florida was still very bad, with the whole west coast of Florida suffering some flooding, and especially in the panhandle area.  I have not seen any posts as yet from our friends in that area, and we probably will not for awhile.  Power outages etc. are widespread as well as wind damage and flooding.  Help from power outages is on the way from all over the country, so maybe they will be getting relief in a few days.  Those that have not suffered through one of these things cannot imagine what a PITA they cause.  Obtaining food, gasoline etc. becomes a real survival issue.  Keep them in your prayers.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.
(survivor of three hurricanes last year)