<VV> Whats you opinion on my pinion

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 15:38:44 EDT 2005

--- Chuck Kamas <ckamas at dslextreme.com> wrote: The
> pinion gear is missing 1/2 of two teeth.
> The 1/2 it is missing is on the large diameter side.
>  The tooth is still engaged into the ring gear just
> fine... it is the part that does not
> engage the ring gear as fully that is gone... So do
> I need to change the ring and pinion gears?  Or is
> it OK to be missing this part of
> the tooth?
> Chuck

 Chuck - I think the problem here is - where are the
broken of pieces. That's probably why the thing won't
move. If you did find them and fished them out, I'd
still probably change the gear set out, because
there's a good chance the pinion gear is cracked and
will fail late one night, in the rain about 200 miles
from home.

 Mike
 YS-117