<VV> Re: HIGH TECH for street engine?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jul 11 21:06:59 EDT 2005

A clarification:

The "step" is the raised surface that the gasket sits on.  The filled
in area of a '65 to '67 95 HP head is the "squish" area.  By milling
one of these heads .050" inches and using a .032" gasket you will
achieve a high turbulence "squish" area that will help reduce
detonation.

My personal choice will be a 110 shortblock with 95 heads milled as
above and adjusted to true 9 to 1 CR, mildly ported, with 140 exhaust
logs into a crossover single exhaust built from 140 U pipes.  Should
run on 89 octane in the Greenbrier with full advance.

BTW, for more info on heads, you might see my website:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/heads.html

--Bryan