<VV> door panels for eum--advice needed

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Jul 12 11:47:30 EDT 2005

Greetings

As I muse on the interior for the EUM, I must ask for advice and opinions.

Of course the EUM came with "Ultra" model door panels--NONE!!

Since I am going to get the material colors from the trim shop first, and get the paint to match the interior---

(trim shop operators have told me that there are about 80 different shades of available trim cloth, and about 800 different shades of paint--- easier to match material to a paint color than to find material to match paint once the paint is already on the car--sounds like sage advice!!!)

I am going to have a problem as it regards door panels.

Remember that I am going with a Bronze exterior color. As you might guess, there isn't a bronze interior made by Clarks. Don't want to go with Black---TOO HOT!! Or White--
GETS DIRTY TOO QUICK--

And Since I don't have door panels and the ones in the donor car were shot--and I didn't have the sense to save the emblems,etc off of them before I tossed the pieces out...

I am thinking (a dangerous thing to do) that I might just get unfinished door panels from Clark's and let my trim shop guy to something custom on them.

Anyone in Virtual Corvairdom done this before?? Success?? Lack of??? Widsom from Been there, Done that??

TIA

Hank