<VV> Convention Summer Wardrobe -Florida

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 12:02:11 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/12/2005 7:52:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

Since it  is summer, it is most appropriate for men to wear matching white
patent  leather shoes and wide belts. They have special sections for these items
in  many of the stores (next to the shuffleboard equipment) in Zephyrhills,
FL ,  if anyone would like me to send them a set.  These are often worn with
what many now consider to be golf appropriate pants (bright
yellow/green/pink/plaid). This type of apparel seems to have an unusual  attraction from women
with a blue or pink tint in their  hair....?
Grant

In 2000, My wife and I (She in her late 40's, me in my early 50's) attended
the Daytona Convention. We agreed to run the preview of the Rally route for
Eddie Meadows, the rally master, since we couldn't actually participate in the
rally. After a hard day of selling wires in the vendor area, we picked up the
 preliminary rally info, and jumped into our Mercury Gran Marquis rental car
(the  one with the great A/C, by the way) - And proceeded to run the rally
route in  the early evening darkening. We we totally unfamiliar with the area - A
plus for  pre-running the rally - but didn't get too lost. We would drive
carefully,  noting the instructional callouts, stopping to make written
suggestions and then  pulling out into traffic again to continue the route. With the
slow, careful  driving, the many stops, and the several re-runs of sections of
the route, all I  needed was the Blue Hair or white shoes to make people think
I was another 85  year old retiree wandering lost in Florida!  - Maybe some
day!!    - Seth Emerson