<VV> Question about E-Bay Item

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 12 16:21:28 EDT 2005

There is a Corvair for sale on E-Bay that is being brokered for the owner for a fee as I read it.  Total fees appear to run close to 20 percent of the selling price.  The name of the company is Instant Auctions.  Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing.  I realize that certain people may option to pay someone else to list an item on E-Bay, but doesn't this fee seem exorbitant.  Most items sold on consignment carry a lot lesser fee than this I would think.  I would feel that this really causes the item to be grossly overpriced. (Item has a reserve...not met...and no buy it now price). Fees probably will cause the price to be so high that any chance of a sale is lost.
Questions posed through E-Bay receive only a fixed statement type of reply and no answer.  Someone enlighten me.  Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.