<VV> putt-putt-putt noise -- UPDATE

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Jul 12 18:10:35 EDT 2005

I'm writing to say thanks to everyone who wrote me on- and off-list
concerning the putt-putt-putt sound on my '65 110/4sp Monza.

I took off the lower shrouds and confirmed that an donut on #6 had
indeed begun to fail.  I also discovered that the donut between the
manifold and crossover on the passenger's side was contributing to the
noise.  The noise is still subtle, but I'm glad I checked.

The parts have been ordered from Clark's and will be installed when I
get a chance.  I'll be taking the car on its now annual 500-mile
roundtrip to Maine next week.

Thanks again.

Steven "glad it wasn't a head gasket" Serenska
http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage