<VV> Removal of Casting Flash

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 21:14:21 EDT 2005

Damn, it was so many years ago, I forgot. Basically, I took a head over to
Holloway Brothers, the local machine tool store here in Delaware, and tried
whatever would fit between the fins. I went for a shape that didn't require much
 of anything. I believe it was a strip of cutoff tool stock for a lathe.
Something flat and reasonably wide. There are also bars of stock for making
lathe bits that come in all sorts of sizes. But you DO want something hard as  you
can stand! Otherwise, the residual sand left in the aluminum surface will
wear things out VERY quickly. How do I know this? I tried a strip of mild steel
first. Got through three or four passages when it wouldn't cut anymore. The
end  was blunt as hell! So...
Another thing I tried with some success was drill rod attached to an air
chisel. Slower, but I could steer it anywhere I wanted.

In a message dated 7/12/2005 8:46:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,