<VV> RE:1966 PG Fluid dump

John Miller jncmiller at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 12 23:25:02 EDT 2005

 Jim,

    Now that the big guns have sounded off I will tell you how to fix the "mystery" PG leak. While it is possible the shift cable may leak, the more common leak is the TV lever O ring. Especially if it hasnt been changed in a while. This occurs under (similar to shift cable) drain back circumstances....such as parking the car overnite. It most likely wont show up when driving like a shift cable, only after being parked for a cool down period. I think I have experienced just about every type PG leak there is possible and my money is on that little O ring. I have even put up to three O rings on the shaft to stop the leak on badly worn levers. Its a pretty easy job but you have to have a new tranny pan gasket nearby......and a little patience. Hit me back with an off post email if you need more info.

                                                                   John Miller
                                                                   Iowa

transmission fluid mysteriously appeared all over the garage
floor. My coworker
noticed  all the fluid running out of the garage door. It looks like a lot. I
don't want  to refill it until I can find the source of the leak if possible.

Thanks, Jim