<VV> sick of my Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 09:43:25 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 9:33:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:
<<I was cruizing along, everything fine and then it started popping through
the carb.>>
No loud "tinking" or "thunking"? Just a backfire through the carb? I'd check
the carb for blockage, sounds like it's lean... or maybe look at the valve
springs for a broken one... do a compression check first, and see what you come
up with... worst case is you can give the car to me and all your troubles will
go away!.... at least your troubles with the car.... but only if it's an
automatic.... still can't put weight on the right foot.
Hang in there, you'll get it figured out.
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)